ACMSS is pleased to announce a Non-Profit Partnership with the American Society of Ophthalmic Administrators (ASOA) to Certify Medical Scribe Specialists (CMSS) towards Meaningful Use, CPOE. Practices have until October 1, 2014. Register your scribes and become scribe certified today!
ASOA Joins with the American College of Medical Scribe Specialists (ACMSS)
ASOA is pleased to announce it has joined with the American College of Medical Scribe Specialists (ACMSS) as a “Non-Profit Partner” to offer ASOA members an ophthalmic specific certified scribe program.
To avoid the penalty, all providers must attest for EHR Meaningful Use for one 90-day calendar year quarter in 2014, which requires all providers to begin reporting for Meaningful Use by the start of the fourth calendar year quarter or October 1, 2014. Therefore, any staff that will be entering CPOE in the EHR system must be certified by the October 1, 2014 start date.
ACMSS is extending medical practice discounts to its members through a non-profit partnership toward certification as a Certified Medical Scribe Specialist (CMSS). Certification is on a voluntary basis via the Medical Scribe Certification & Aptitude Test (MSCAT). ACMSS meets meaningful use CPOE FAQ 9058.
ASOA members receive an additional discount based on volume of registrants, with minimum volume purchase of 5 or greater. You must also be anACMSS member in order to participate. Membership is $20 and entitles you to 3 attempts to pass the exam.
Instructions for participating:
- Visit the ACMSS Store
- Click on MSCAT Volume Instructions
- Purchase Volume Certification/products (HIPAA for Scribes, MSCAT Study/Training Guide)
- Enter promo code “ACMSS Certified” upon checkout
- Assign products/certifications to medical scribes. Each scribe will receive an email to login
- Scribes will Sign In, click Certification Assessments tab, MSCAT, and choose “Ophthalmology” from the Specialty MSCAT selection