ACMSS Builds CMS Compliant CMSS:
- Implementation & Compliance Consulting
- MSCAT Credentialing Training Program
- e-HIPAA for Scribes Video/Assessment Certification
- e-MSCAT Clinical Training/MSCAT Resource Manual
- e-Continuing Scribe Education modules
- MSCAT National Certification and Credentialing Exam
- CMS compliance partnership and credentialing provider education
- Continuing Medical Education (CME) Partnership
*Re-licensing: Credentialed and Certified Medical Scribe Specialists:
- Standard MSRP Re-licensing fee paid
- Remit 3 hours of Continuing Scribe Education or
- Remit 3 hours of Continuing Medical Education
- Continuing Medical Education (CME) Provider
- Provide practitioner with CMS Meaningful Use compliance CMSS practitioner certificates
ACMSS accepts CMS calls, events, webinars, and web-based training courses as programs that may be used to meet the Continuing Medical Education requirement for ACMSS credential holders
ACMSS/CMS Continuing Medical Education (CME) Partnership RequirementsCMSS/CMSA Requirements:
• 3 hours of CME in one-year time. Choose from CMS MLN Catalog
• Remit proof to ACMSS
Each trainee or student will
- Create a complimentary account with Medicare Learning Network
- Choose courses from MLN Catalog
- Remit copy of completed course to ACMSS (email@example.com)
ACMSS approves of the following CMSCE Program for Credentialed Personnel:
The following shows the length of the training in relation to the amount of CEUs ACMSS will award as well as the corresponding index number:
- Less than 30 minutes: .5 CEU, Index# CMS06140727A
- Anything greater than 30 minutes and up to 60 minutes: 1 CEU, Index #CMS06140728A
- Anything greater than 60 minutes and up to 90 minutes: 1.5 CEU, Index #CMS06140729A
- Anything greater than 90 minutes and up to 120 minutes: 2 CEU, Index #CMS06140730A
Note: For Web-based Trainings the number of contact hours/minutes is located in title. And on all certificate types.
When submitting a CMS completed training to ACMSS as part of your relicensing, please retain:
- A copy of your CMS/MLN certificate, or
- Documentation of the contact hours spent in the training
- CMS Meaningful Use CMSS Personnel Audit Compliance Certification Licensure Document(s)
- CMSS Certification Licensure Document(s)
“CMS has asked that each clinician/provider/practice retain a copy of the Specialist crosswalk and certification documentation in their files just as they would retain documentation outlining their individual approach and method, as well as staffing protocols for audit purposes.”
ACMSS will request copies of these if you are selected for verification of the CEUs listed on your renewal form.
NOTE: Any certificate (including Certificate of Completion) for a CMS/MLN training will be accepted. You do not need a CEU certificate.
Registering for a National Provider Call to Obtain Credit
You must register for the call through our registration website if you plan to request credit from your professional association.
For more information about what you need to do to obtain credit from ACMSS, see the Recertification Section on ACMSS’s website.