The ACMSS mission is to protect the integrity, quality, and efficacy of clinical documentation standards and training for Certified Medical Scribe Specialists (CMSS), creating efficiencies for clinical care providers.
The ACMSS purposes are scientific and educational:
- To grant and issue credentials and certification to qualified Certified Medical Scribe Specialists (CMSS) and provide recognition of special knowledge and skills in education that pertain to the field of Medicine
- To ensure government, hospital administrators, practicing clinicians, and hospitals have a standardized process and training system in practice and furnish those individuals certification and credentials through the American College of Medical Scribe Specialists
- To establish and maintain benchmarks and high standards of training, testing, and certification in the various fields Certified Medical Scribe Specialists practice in
- To improve education in both pre-clinical and clinical arenas for Certified Medical Scribe Specialists
- To recognize certification is necessary to maintain a standardized baseline training for all Certified Medical Scribe Specialists towards HIPAA, coding, CMS accountability measures, pre-clinical education, and sufficient clinical training regimes to ensure patient care is not adversely affected